Saturday, April 10, 2010

Since Wes is Napping.....

I'll give a quick update, since Wes is napping and catching up on some sleep. I apparently am more caught up, b/c I slept about 4 hours on the long flight and he didn't sleep any. We both slept about 5-6 hours at our "rest" hotel in Moscow, so that was great. We took the overnight flight to Kras, and that 4.5 hours is really tough!! You leave Moscow at 9pm which is 1am Kras time, and then you arrive at 5:30 in the morning. So, you lose a night somewhere in there!

Anyway, we're here at the apartment (pics posted below), and it is fantastic!!! It's SO much better than the hotel we stayed at last time, so we are thankful. Soon after we got here we walked to the Travelers Coffee shop and it was thankfully open! I had a mocha, and Wes had a hot tea. We then walked to the grocery store to check things out. We didn't buy too much. We decided we would buy some water bottles and go back later for a larger purchase. Wes is definitely going to be in charge of cooking our meals from purchases there :) The only thing I saw that I knew what to do with is the frozen broccoli!! ha! Anyway, we came back to the apt, and I took a shower that was much needed! It felt so good to get clean and get things unpacked and organized.

We'll probably eat at a pizza place around the corner for dinner tonight, and we go to the orphanage tomorrow - YAY!

3 comments:

  1. Wow I had not heard the news since I read your posts. We are definitly praying for you. I cannot wait to hear how your first visit goes! Praying

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are there and comfortable, the apartment looks great. WE are praying for you guys, enjoy your visit with Roman!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all the pictures and posts. I am constantly checking email and your blog for updates. I think about you guys all the time and we are praying that the court will have favor on you guys and that everything will go smoothly. We love you all!

    ReplyDelete