Friday, April 23, 2010

Gotcha Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today couldn't have gone any better!! It was awesome!! I couldn't sleep last night, b/c I was so excited :) This morning we had a great morning - Wes found chocolate croissants - yummy! SO much better than my attempted dessert last night at the coffee shop - remind me later to tell you about that. Anyway, I mostly cleaned this morning and "nested" so to speak.

They picked us up right on time! I had been anxious this morning, but once I was in the car on the way I was totally at ease and relaxed. The Lord really blessed me that way - and the weather was wonderful - nice and sunny :) Everything looked prettier outside today.

When we got to the orphanage, our facilitator took the clothes we had brought for him to his room and his caretakers changed him. It didn't take long, and then they brought him to us :) Our little Roman!!!!! He did AWESOME in the car!! I think the previous car ride helped tremendously. He tried to cry once at the very start, but then he settled in. He started to get fussy after about 15 min., and I put him on my shoulder and he fell asleep for the remainder of the time in the car. He had his 3 layers on (including a ski/winter outfit on top), so we were roasting!! I guess babies can only sleep when they're that hot! Ha!! His little head was all sweaty - it was so sweet and cute :)

So, we got back to the apartment, and he had a blast!! He just crawled around checking things out. We played for quite a while. He drank some water out of a sippy cup (one of those disposable ones), and then he threw it and of course it went everywhere :) But, he did well drinking it. Wes was awesome and cooked dinner while I fed Roman. We fed him (and will continue at least probably until we get home) baby food consisting of a jar of veggies, some beef (which he wasn't a big fan of), and some oatmeal and plums. He did great! Later he had some milk that we bought for him. It smells and looks really gross to me (very different than what we're used to), but he loved it! Afterwards, we gave him a bath, and he love it!!!!! He loves to splash and doesn't care if he gets it in his eyes. We played a little longer after bath, and then he was crashing - it was about 9:00. So, I tried to just put him in the pack n play, but he cried. So, I comforted him and we rocked back and forth for a while. He was very close to going to sleep, but would never give it up. So, I put him back in there and let him cry about 10-15 minutes and he fell asleep about 9:45! We're hoping it works all night :) He was really tired, so I hope so!

Our God is an awesome God to bring us this far - we can't wait to finish up our trip and be a family of four!

I'm having trouble with my memory card, so I'll have to post earlier pics instead of ones from today - oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment