Friday, April 23, 2010

First Night and more

Last night couldn't have been better! He slept all night until about 7 this morning. He slept better than I did :) I didn't sleep as well wondering how he was doing, etc.

He woke up happy and ready for breakfast! I obviously didn't make him enough oatmeal, b/c after eating that and the fruit we had for him he wanted more! So, I made more, and he loved it. Afterwards, he drank some milk. We then got him down and he played - very busy! We Skyped with my parents so Kate could see Roman again. We did last night too, and Kate was very sweet :) She told Roman she loved him. Today she sang for him "Twinke Twinke Little Star," and Roman clapped for her! He loves any kind of music! We can't wait to get those two together - one more week. Hopefully it will go quickly! We miss Kate and are ready for her to meet her brother in person!

I'm able to blog now, b/c Roman is actually down for his morning nap. Amazing that he is doing this well! He went right down, woke up once and then went right back to sleep. Once he gets up, it will be time for lunch.

He's loved the apartment, and he's been SO excited about his walking. He's taken a couple of falling steps - which means he takes some steps as he is falling :) But, he really, really wants to do it now. At the orphanage he really wasn't interested, so I don't know what changed. But, it's fun!!! I do know that :)

Wes has gone with our facilitators for a few minutes to the Office of Vital Statistics to work on getting Roman's birth certificate. Tuesday we pick up his passport, and then we leave Kras VERY early on Wed. morning. They pick us up at 4:30 a.m. - whew! Anyway, that's about all we have to do between now and the time we leave here. Yay! We get to have fun and hang out with Roman! He's so happy and sweet - we couldn't have asked for better!

I'll try to post more pics later - maybe during afternoon nap if he takes one :) We'll see!

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy he is doing so good!! Sounds like you are doing good too. I love that Kate sang for him and said I love you, she is going to be the bestest big sister ever. The Gotcha day pics are precious. He is so cute in his outfit, I love that he is wearing those shoes!! I can't wait to meet him, he will get his walking legs fast once we get him chasing Buck and Hi T around. Yay!! I am so happy for you. Love you

    ReplyDelete