Monday, April 12, 2010

Day of Court

Well, today is the day that the Lord has made - I will rejoice and be glad in it!

We are both awake very early this morning, unfortunately. We crashed so hard after coming back from the orphanage yesterday. We both fell asleep at 6, and then I forced myself to get up at 8 and put a movie in, so that I would hopefully stay awake until about 10:00. It partially worked. I woke up at 4:30 this morning with a sleep headache - you know those kind? So, I got up and took some Advil, but never really went back to sleep. So, here I am tying away.....

Our visit with Roman yesterday was awesome! He was not happy with us at first....cried and had to get used to us again. But, once he did he was so fun to be with and watch!! He's crawling on all fours now (last time he just did the military crawl just using his arms), and he can even walk with assistance!! Even one handed :) SO cute! He has a great attention span, and he can play with one toy for quite a while. His hair has grown, and he has definitely put on weight since we last saw him.

In the car on the way back to the apartment, our facilitators and translator prepped us for court questions. Parts of it were just hilarious, b/c they would ask Wes a question (as the judge would in court), and he would give a one word answer. That was not sufficient - they made him expand on all his answers. And the way they phrased the questions are so funny - anyway, it's hard to explain. So, Wes will be doing most of the talking today in the court. Once he finishes, they'll either ask me a few of the same/similar questions, or just ask me what I would like to add.

Our court time is 3pm here, so we have all day to "rest" and get ready as they said. We'll probably go out for a big breakfast or lunch is what I'm hoping, since we didn't eat dinner last night. We were gone from 11:00 until 4:30 yesterday, and all I had were some peanut butter crackers - and I had a Luna Bar for breakfast. When we got back here we snacked, but no real food.......probably one of the reasons I had a headache this morning. As my work friends know, Claire doesn't do well when she doesn't eat :) Ha!

So, on a more serious note, here are some verses the Lord gave me yesterday while praying about the situation with the news and our court date.

Psalm 3:3 But you, oh Lord, are a shield around me, my glory and the one who lifts up my head. I cry aloud to the Lord and He answers me from his holy hill.

Psalm: 5:11-12 But let all who take refuge in you rejoice, let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them so that those who love your name may exult in you. For you bless the righteous, Oh Lord, you cover them with favor as with a shield.

Psalm 7: 9-10 Oh let the evil of the wicked come to an end but establish the righteous, you who test the minds and hearts, Oh righteous God. God is my shield who saves the upright in heart.

So my favorite is the middle one, and I can picture God being our shield with the judge and she will look upon us with favor. I'll update as soon as I can after court.

3 comments:

  1. We love you! We've prayed and prayed. The Lord will ensure that everything works out!!! I cried again reading the verses, they are perfect. Hopefully we will be able to sleep...Can't wait to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying for you guys so much. I am so glad your visit went well and the he is doing so well. I am so glad you are finding comfort from the verses the Lord gave you. We will be praying that the Lord will give you and Wesley the words to say and give you both the peace that passes all understanding. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear the visit went well yesterday for you, I can just picture you guys in that room with all the "gymboree" equipment watching him crawl around. Has he tried that baby treadmill yet? Too funny, not sure if they really use those?! I am praying for you tonight and praying that in the morning we will be able to see your post that he is officially yours! Praying especially for Wes as he answers the judges questions and for the judge to see the love of the Lord in both of you. Amy Y.

    ReplyDelete