Monday, January 18, 2010

Leaving Tomorrow - if we get our visas!

SO, we leave tomorrow morning and we hope we are headed to Russia. You see, something went wrong with our visas. and we didn't get them on Saturday. We had to wait until today to hear something from our contact in California - we didn't get to hear anything until lunch time........he went to the consulate, got everything "fixed" and we had to have him FedEx the package priority overnight to the JFK airport for us to pick up there before our CONNECTING flight to Moscow! So, we have to leave Memphis and fly to NY before we have our passports and visas in hand.

I said in my last post that I wouldn't stress - well that didn't happen! Tears flowed for sure on Sat., and I had to get to a point where I accepted whatever the Lord would have happen. It was hard, but I know HE is in control and loves us.

So, hopefully the next time any of you check my blog I'll have an update from Moscow :) God is good - can't wait to meet the little guy!!! More to come.........

Oh by the way, it looks like the 3 days we are supposed to be in our region they will have a warm front and the low will only be -6 degrees and a high of 2 degrees. This is much better than the previous days low of -25 degrees - which is also what it returns to the day we are supposed to leave. I think God is definitely looking out for me with that :)

1 comment:

  1. Praying that you got visas and passports at JFK! That is craziness, hopefully the next time I check in you will have posted from Moscow. Your in my prayers, Amy Yarbrough

    ReplyDelete