Friday, January 22, 2010

2nd Visit

Today was an overall great day. We both felt much better after a great night's sleep! We had a good morning chatting with family via Skype and we left with our facilitators at 11:00 for the orphanage.

I ate a very large breakfast, since I knew the time frame we would be gone. I don't think these people eat lunch! We left the orphanage at 2 and went to our notary appointment at 3:00. We arrived back at the hotel at 3:30. I had a Luna Bar and my roll that I took with me from breakfast, but I don't know when these people eat!!

Anyway, we had a wonderful visit with our little guy today. He felt much better and more rested. It wasn't too long into the visit that we were able to get a smile from him!! :) It was fun - all I had to do was sound like a complete idiot by making all kinds of baby sounds - ha! He said this lady is a hoot! He even laughed a bit too, so that was awesome! They had him all dressed up today in a very cute outfit. He did very well with Wes today as well. He doesn't seem to be unsure about him being around, so that is good. A lot of times the children are never around men, b/c there are all women caregivers at the orphanage. So, it wouldn't be unusual for him to be uneasy around Wes.

I can't think of anything new to tell besides that. I'm so happy we get another visit with him tomorrow with no other appointments! Yay!!!

We spend tomorrow night in Kras, and then we leave early Sunday morning to go to Moscow. We will get a tour on Sunday of Moscow, have our medicals done on Monday and then leave on Tuesday. We'll arrive home on Tuesday night around 11:00 pm. Crazy trip!


2 comments:

  1. so glad you had such a good day! How awesome that you got a smile from him! Enjoy that 3rd visit! How awesome! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so glad that the 2nd trip went so great!! Enjoy the time you have and get some rest. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete