Saturday, May 9, 2009

We've Been Registered!!!

Happy Mother's Day to me :) So, Kate and I came to see my Mom and Dad on Friday for Mother's Day weekend (Wes had to stay for work, unfortunately), and I traveled and visited friends at my office all afternoon. I happened to check my email around 6:00 pm, and I saw an email from our family coordinator saying she was trying to get in touch with us (and the email was received around 2:00 our time) and that she had news from Russia. I was SO thrilled, b/c I thought that meant we had been registered into a region. I emailed her back with my cell phone and told her that if she got the email this weekend and wanted to call me she could. Well, about 15 min. later, she called!!!! YAY!! She was so sweet to call, b/c it was around 7:00 pm on a Friday for her.

We were registered (as I suspected) into a region. PLUS, we were actually registered at the end of April, and she just found out. This is a HUGE step in the process, and we could get a referral any day now :) Once we get a referral and if we choose to proceed, we will travel for our first trip very soon after that. It may sound strange, but the adoption actually seems REAL now, and we are so excited :) God is so good, and His timing always perfect (I have to remind myself of that sometimes!). What an amazing gift to hear the news for Mother's Day weekend.

We will also go ahead and begin our regional paperwork :) More to come later.......

4 comments:

  1. YAY!!YAY!!YAY!! We are so excited!! You are right, what a sweet, awesome mother's day gift!! I can't wait to hear more- we will be praying for you guys. Give Kate and Wesley a hug for us and HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!!! what a great mother's day present :) we are so thrilled for you guys and can't wait to meet pennel baby #2!!! :) love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Feel free to email/post on the yahoo group if you have questions about the regional paperwork.

    God bless,

    heather
    www.russianblessings.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so excited for yall!! We love you all! What a blessing :-)

    ReplyDelete