Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Boys vs. Girls

I had to take Kate to the dentist today, and while we were in the waiting room we observed several boys playing with the toys and video games they had there at the pediatric dentist.  One in particular was SO cute, and had actually finished his appointment and was playing while his Mom filled our some more paperwork.  He came over to her once and said, "Hey Mom, will you hold my snake?"  It was his little plastic prize he had gotten for being good as his appointment (I know this b/c it was one of our choices as well...although Kate didn't really pick that out for her prize!  ha).  I had a moment where I thought that I can't wait to have our little boy say something like that to me!  He also brought over a dinosaur and said, "Hey Mom, I have this one at home!"  I know this may sound silly to have a moment with two simple sentences, but Kate has (so far) proven to be a very girly girl with much drama.  And, while I LOVE that, I think it will be so much fun to have a little boy in our lives.  I am one of two girls, and my sister has 2 little girls.  So, adding a boy to my side of the family will definitely be a change!

3 comments:

  1. i can not wait to see you as the mom of a little boy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Claire! That is so sweet, I love it. This story makes me think of how mom told me the other day that Buck got in trouble at PDO for body slamming another little kiddo- just another example of boys vs girls! I love keeping up with you guys through this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know its funny because I sit at doctors office watching the little girls going how do they sit so still! Or amazed at their delicate manner - just like Kate. If you want practice before you get your little boy I would consider renting mine out - LOL - but only on days Buck thinks he is a Professional Wrestler. I love you all and we will miss you this week!

    ReplyDelete