Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Trying Not to Sink


The Lord brought the story of Peter to me the other night when I was feeling very overwhelmed with all that we have going on over the coming year.  Along with the adoption, we have several other changes coming up in our lives....all good (we hope), but still a LOT change.  When Peter sees Jesus walking on the water toward their boat, he gets out and walks on the water toward Him.  As you all know, there is a storm with large winds and rough waters.  Peter becomes afraid of all that's going on around him, takes his eyes off Jesus, and he then begins to sink.  He cries out to Jesus, and when Jesus grabs his hand he asks him why did he doubt?  My goal is to keep my eyes on Him, and not on all the craziness around me.  He is so good and faithful to take care of us.....why would I doubt??

1 comment:

  1. I love this!!! So true and yet I fail over and over with taking my eyes off the Lord! Even if but for a minute. This journey stretches you and the Lord has taught me to keep my eyes on Him in the storm. Which is so much easier said than done:) My prayers are with you in the waiting...it is hard but without a doubt our Lord is in it and he will bring the child He has for your family to you in His perfect timing.

    ReplyDelete