Monday, June 22, 2009

New Adoption Info

I was emailing back and forth with my family coordinator today asking her a question about paperwork, and I did find out a bit of info. There is one family ahead of us on the "waiting list" for our region that has requested a little boy. So, once I see on our agency's blog that another family has accepted a referral for a little boy, I know we'll be next to receive one!

I asked for the update, b/c it's been almost the full 2 months that we expected to lapse before receiving a referral. She said that a lot of the officials take vacation in the summer, so that may be the reason for the slower time frame.

SO, I will post when I know that we're next in line!!!!! Yeah! Need to post beach pics and videos of our trip last week next.....

6 comments:

  1. Wow! You are so close, I just can't wait. We will keep y'all in our prayers. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might get the referrals at the same time even though there is someone technically ahead of you...I suggest you preparing for the referral to come within the next few weeks just in case. We got ours sooner than the agency said and the coordinator acted surprised so there is never any telling when it will come. Go ahead and start buying gifts to take with you and know which adoption doctor(s) you want to consult with...figure out luggage you will take and outfits for the MOE visit, etc. I would not count on the agency's blog to predict when yours because you are so close it may just happen before the blog is updated :)

    praying for God to give you wisdom and discernment when it does happen,

    heather
    www.russianblessings.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you guys!! I hope you and Kate had fun at the beach. I think Ellie is so close to saying "Kate" these days. She walks around with her photo album and says "K". She loves pictures of her cousins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We went past the 2 month mark also...the waiting is so hard. It's hard but know as you know the Lords timing is always perfect:) We are praying for your family and that you hear news soon. There are several orphanages in Kras that our agency works with. They can be anywhere from 20 minutes away to a couple hours. Can't wait to hear news! Start preparing yourself because as soon as you do it is a whirlwind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very exciting!!! It's getting close now!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yippee! so excited for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete